As you get older, your skin changes, that`s why I`ve listed budget-friendly face creams older women use and trust because skincare differs in different genders and different age groups as well.
For example, girls in teens are more likely to face problems like acne and blackheads than women in their fifties and sixties.
This post will look at some face creams older women swear by.
Likewise, women who are in the forties, fifties, and sixties are more likely to be battling wrinkles and age spots, unlike the younger women.
It follows that face creams for older women have to be different when compared to those for younger women or girls in their teens.
Skin Care For Teenaged Girls And Women Less Than Forty
The problem faced in this age is sebum secretion. That can block the pores, and lead to acne.
Cleansing agents are, therefore, important in creams for women in this age group.
Apart from cleansing agents such as salicylic acid.
Salicylic acid not only reduces acne but also other skin blemishes, the creams, lotions, serums etc.,
Developed for these women include compounds that exfoliate the skin, maintain lipid balance, moisturize skin, prevent acne-
In general, prevent skin damage so that these young women do not have to spend too much time or money on skincare in later years.
Natural extracts are also used for these functions.
Hyaluronic acid is one of the common ingredients because it is an effective moisturizing agent.
Sunscreens containing sun protection factor or SPF are mandatory.
Skin Care And Face Creams For Older Women
Older women have fewer acne problems. However, they battle wrinkles, dullness of skin, age spots, larger pores, sagging and patchy skin, etc.
Such problems are because of the decrease in collagen, natural oils, and elastin.
Correspondingly, there are additional ingredients in the creams that are specially developed for older women.
The list of ingredients that are included in skincare for older women again varies for every decade.
Therefore, skincare products that are specially designed for women in the ’40s differ in their composition from products designed for women in the 50’s, and 60’s.
Here Is The List Of Ingredients In Face Creams Older Women Found Useful
- Coenzyme Q10. This compound has the unique ability to bring down fine lines which start appearing around the 40’s. It does this by providing protection against the sun and also working as an antioxidant that prevents damage to collagen by removing the free radicals if any. The body produces this antioxidant but its production starts declining around 30 years or so. Therefore, it is
- Hydroquinone – this is a compound that is used for reducing hyperpigmentation common as age advances. Kojic acid and licorice extract are other products that serve the same function.
- Moisturizers such as hyaluronic acid, hydroxy acids, lactic acid, and urea. Alpha hydroxy acids also exfoliate the skin.
- Antioxidants. These prevent free radicals from going about damaging cells in the skin, in particular collagen. Effectively, they can prevent the formation of wrinkles though they cannot reverse any wrinkles already formed.
- Copper peptides – these trigger turnover of cells, giving the skin a young-looking skin. These peptides improve the production of collagen, which in turn reduces the sagging of skin. Therefore, the skin looks smoother and acquires more suppleness apart from looking brighter.
- Sunscreens that have SPF factor. In the case of women in this bracket, SPF30 is the minimum required.
- There are many vitamins that play a role in giving the skin its healthy and youthful look. These include B, C, A, and E.
- Vitamin B or more specifically B3 (Nicotinamide) is a good moisturizer. It reduces lines, flakiness, and dryness of the skin. Vitamin C is effective for tackling age spots.
- Vitamin A is important for promoting the growth of and stimulation of fibroblasts. It is fibroblasts that produce collagen as well as elastin. Collagen is crucial because it forms like scaffolding for cells to be held in place, whereas elastin imparts the required elasticity.
- Vitamin A actually consists of a group of compounds including retinol and retinals, all of which have a positive effect on aging skin. Vitamin E is antioxidant, essential for cell repairs.
- Natural oils such as sunflower seed oil, or olive oil. With age, especially after 50, oil production in the skin starts coming down, and it needs to be supplemented externally. Therefore, the glow starts reducing.
- Minerals. There are several other minerals that are essential for older women such as titanium oxide, zinc oxide, etc.
Note that younger women do not need products with natural oils, and minerals.
Even the beauty regimen that they follow would be different as well as their agents.
Women in their 40’s may still be able to use harsher soaps but after menopause, cleaners need to be gentle on the skin.
The regimen of “cleanse, tone, moisturizer” undergoes a slight change by replacing toning with treatment.
Treatment is also with the same ingredients though when it is to be applied, and how much may vary. Vitamin C, for example, reduces age spots, as well as sagging of the skin, read my earlier post on reducing age spots here.
Face creams older women swear by should be rich in antioxidants and hydroxy acids can greatly reduce signs of aging skin such as fine lines and wrinkles.
A powerful sunblock is an absolute necessity to protect your skin from primary causes of older-looking skin, UVA and UVB rays.
UV rays make skin age much faster and should be avoided.
Another very important fact that people usually ignore when using anti-aging face creams is the cleaning process.
Always clean your face well before applying a cream or moisturizer to your face. Use this loved product for cleaning your face.
Some of the listed ingredients are also effective if taken orally, and naturally. The extent of skin damage differs from one person to another.
But a regular regimen must be followed, and it is never too late to develop one.
Which woman would not like to be told that she looks younger than she is?
All that is needed is to know what to look for in those skin products, and how to use it.
Therefore, face creams older women use can only be effective if they use it as is expected of them.
The best place to buy anti-wrinkle creams is Amazon though there are many other online merchants I prefer Amazon as they have a wide selection. Click here to view facial creams at Amazon
I`d love to know what facial cream you use to fight wrinkles, what is your beauty must-haves? leave me a message below.