The skin peels are the product applied to the face that you later peel off. The peeling reveals a new refreshing skin from under the newly peeled layer. However, peeling is best done in a professional environment.
Then there is a chemical skin peeling. Many dermatologists, the cosmetic surgeons, and the estheticians make use of glycolic acid in skincare treatments they provide. The glycolic acid has the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin and hence cleanse the skin more thoroughly than any other skincare ingredient out there.
Glycolic acid is one of the active compounds that are also known as the AHA’s. It is derived from cane sugar: What Glycolic acid does by soaking deep into the skin is to break down the bonds that are responsible for holding the outer dead skin layer to the new fresh skin underneath. When that outer skin gets peeled off, it reveals the fresher and healthier skin.
Although a chemical skin peel offers many benefits, these peels give immediate benefits to those with an uneven skin tone, skin acne, and wrinkles.
You may also like
Chemical peels make use of a high percentage of Glycolic acid. It tends to be very effective if used safely and properly. This skin peels if followed up by an extraction, makes the removal of blackheads and whiteheads easier as the skin is already exfoliated.
Used In Treatment For Skin conditions Like
- Acne Scars and other skin lesions
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Sun damage or suntan
- Dull skin complexion
- Uneven skin tone
- Shrinking large pores
How Does Glycolic Acid Treatment Work?
- The acid chips away at the bonds between the top layer of skin with the skin underneath until it breaks down. The sebum gets dissolved to make the breakdown easier.
- The outer skin made of dead skin cells is then removed or peeled off to reveal a much younger and fresh looking skin underneath.
- The percentage of concentration as well as pH levels in a product, if lower, is much more effective than the higher concentration of glycolic acid.
Benefits Of Glycolic Acid Peel
- Helps shrink the pores. It reduces the appearance of pores on the skin. The enlarged pores make their appearance when they get clogged with grime, dirt and bacteria which further leads to blackheads. The glycolic acid peel seeps deep into the skin epidermis and helps in removing the dead and dried skin cells. The clogged pores are cleared and loosened making them shrink in size.
- The glycolic acid peel helps in improving skin acne and acne scarring. The peel targets the problem areas in order to remove the layers of damaged and dead skin cells. It is very effective in the treatment of skin acne, especially cystic acne. Good for acne scars or any other scar lesions.
- Reversing the sun damage. The glycolic acid peel stimulates the building of new skin cells which help rejuvenate the skin while removing the skin damaged by extended sun exposure.
- Anti-aging treatment. The glycolic peels are also used as one of the many ways to reduce aging signs such as wrinkles and fine lines. It strengthens the deep skin layers that, in turn, helps in the softening of the fine lines. This gives the skin of your face a young, fresh, and more plump appearance.
- It provides an even exfoliation of the skin as it penetrates deeper into the skin.
- The dead skin cells are dissolved and released to clean up pores and blackheads.
Risks To Using Glycolic Acid
- Due to glycolic acid being an active substance, it can cause damage if not used properly and safely.
- An adjustment period is needed for the skin to get used to the acid. Using a too high a percentage of glycolic acid the first time can lead to redness, skin irritation, frosting, etc.
- This can further lead to hyperpigmentation and scarring
- Vitamin A, AHA-containing products if used on such skin can cause further damage.
- Using Retinol and AHA (glycolic acid) together needs to be done in a careful manner.
- Wearing sunscreen becomes even more essential while undergoing the treatment.
- High concentration of glycolic acid should only be used caution and in a professional manner.
Chemical peels are arguably one of the best methods by which you can get a rejuvenated skin. If the skin tone and texture are troubling you then the Glycolic acid peels are the way to go for a quick fix. Other ways to give your skin a good clean.
Glycolic acid peels are highly recommended for the treatment of clogged pores. It helps in shrinking the blocked pores which improve the overall appearance of the skin.
These skin peels are usually administered by the dermatologist or an aesthetician. They can also be done at your home with the help of an over-the-counter skin care product.
If the glycolic skin peels are used properly and safely, the positive results derived from the treatments can last for over several months.
Hope you found this post helpful if you have any questions do leave me a message below and I will get back to you.If you know anyone with questions about Glycolic Acid peel or how to use it, do share this post with them on social media.