Natural anti-aging solutions with easy to find everyday items.Aging steals the beauty of youth. However much we try to prevent it, age catches up with us eventually.
Women dread aging signs such as wrinkles, graying hair, sagging skin, age spots, and in general dullness and discoloration of facial as well as other exposed skin.
It is not a recent phenomenon. Mankind has been searching for effective concoctions to stop or slow down the aging process since ancient times.
The advertisements promote these products as something that hydrates the skin.
Improve collagen and hyaluronic acid percentage in the skin, exfoliate it, remove dead cells, clearing clogged pores, etc.
If you are a person battling the aging symptoms then you probably have already tried some of these products.
Using a correct anti-aging product or method is very important when it comes to our skin. Otherwise, there can be adverse reactions and side effects that can make the skin appear worse than before.
It is possible to slow down aging with some natural anti-aging solutions available which are simple to follow.
Natural Anti-Aging Solutions
Natural anti-aging solutions work subtly and therefore, the results are not visible instantaneously.
But in the long run, they prove to be better than any of the anti-aging products and treatments available in the market.
The effects are long-lasting. These effects vary as per age group, skin type, and ethnicity. In general, these natural solutions make the skin look radiant.
Broadly, these solutions can be divided into three categories, i.e., changes to a lifestyle like eating more natural anti-aging foods, control on factors that trigger aging, and using natural products effective against aging. Check an earlier post on anti-aging supplements if you missed it.
- Consciously adopt healthy eating habits: The very first solution to anti-aging is within our hands, i.e., maintaining healthy eating habits. The idea is to keep providing necessary nutrients to our body in time. A healthy and properly nourished body means a healthy and glowing skin.
- Proper sleeping pattern: A bad sleeping schedule and less or no sleep at all results in dark circles and tired eyes. Such a look does not take long to become a permanent feature of the face.
- Drink plenty of water: Our skin needs to be hydrated to lessen the aging signs. Water is what keeps the cells turgid and that turgidity is what gives it the youthful bounce.
- Exercise regularly: Include exercises like walking as well as yoga to keep the body fit and active. Exercises have a dual effect. They keep your muscles toned and the circulatory system as well as the nervous system in order. (now I have to admit, it`s not one of my favorites but you can find a gentle exercise that suits you.)
Depending upon exercise, the effect may even be on other systems, i.e., excretory, respiratory, and digestive systems. Apart from physiological benefits of exercises, there are psychological benefits too because of endorphins which make a person calmer.
Control On Factors That Trigger Aging
- Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight. Sunlight, specifically the Ultraviolet rays of sun harm the skin. Using sunscreen lotions or product with SPF15 through SPF 30 ensures that the harmful effects of those rays are reduced considerably.
- Give your skin some respect – stop paying attention to the advertisements and experimenting with it. Many beauty, skin care, and anti-aging products actually make the skin older and wrinkled. Always test the product before using it regularly.
- Stop indulging in unhealthy habits like smoking: They hasten the aging process and result in premature aging.
- Stop over-indulgence in alcohol consumption.
- Avoid too much stress and pressure. It is definitely not worth it.
Using Natural Products That Are Effective Against Aging
Nature offers an abundance of products that are effective as facial cleansers, scrubs, moisturizers, and bleaches. Listed below are some of the top natural anti-aging solutions that can be used for both beauty and age-arresting treatments:
Considered as the best moisturizer of nature, honey is extremely effective in the lessening of wrinkles. It provides hydration to the skin and makes the lines disappear. It takes care of almost all skin problems.
Take a tablespoon of pure honey and gently massage your face by moving your hands in slow circular motion. Make sure to cover all the important areas. Now let it sit there for about 18-20 minutes for best results. Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Olive Oil:
Olive oil is rich in nutrients that are essential for a healthy and glowing skin. The minerals and vitamins present in this natural oil help in the lightening of the skin and reduce the wrinkles noticeably. It acts on the sagging skin and tightens it.
Olive oil is a powerful antioxidant, is easily absorbed and helps nourish the skin restoring its youthful appearance and freshness.
Using Method: Apply the oil little by little on a thoroughly cleaned face and neck. Massage the skin slowly and steadily in a circular motion using your hands for about 5-10 minutes. Leave it overnight and wash it off with water in the morning.
- Lemon Juice:
Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent and a citric acid source which makes it a helpful and perfect remedy to aging. It helps the skin to exfoliate as well as helps in the removal of dead skin cells which opens up the skin pores that have shrunk.
The removal of impurities results in a smooth and soft skin which glows with its youthful appearance.
Using method: Use a cotton ball to dab the squirted lemon juice on a clean face. Leave it there for about 30 minutes and wash it off later with water.
- Aloe Vera:
Aloe Vera is one of the best natural anti-aging solutions and offers plenty in skin benefits, especially proving to be very effective in the natural treatment of pimples as well as acne problems.
It hydrates the skin, removing the excessive skin oils and works on cleansing the skin without getting the pores clogged.
Aloe vera has anti-bacterial as well as anti-microbial properties that help in reducing the inflammation and the redness caused by the acne.
The increased collagen production as a result of aloe vera application and use improves the elasticity of the skin and hence, reduces wrinkles.
Using method: After scraping the gel out from the washed leaf of an aloe vera plant, apply the gel on a freshly cleaned face.
Massage slowly in a gentle circular motion and leave it there for about 30 minutes. Later on, wash it off with lukewarm water.
Almonds are a powerhouse of health benefits. They also have an essential skincare and a natural anti-aging ingredient found in most of the skincare and beauty products. Rich in magnesium, it has proven good for healthy skin.
Even oral consumption of soaked almonds regularly, adds a healthy glow to the skin and provides the moisture lost.
Using method: Soak about 9-10 almonds and leave it overnight. Make a paste of the soaked almonds to make a scrub. Apply the paste on a clean face and massage it softly in slow circular motions. Leave it for about 30 minutes and wash it off gently with lukewarm water.
Aging cannot be avoided but its onset definitely can be delayed considerably provided correct solutions are used and are used regularly.
A cosmetic and a chemical treatment might go wrong for your skin, but the usage of natural products can rarely go wrong or cause adverse reactions and side effects unless you are allergic to something. The natural anti-aging solutions are also easy to find and cheap.
Check out your kitchen or refrigerator, you might find the remedy to your aging symptoms hiding in there.
If you found my post useful, please share so others can benefit.