If you`re looking on how to get Clear smooth skin then this post is for you.
Clear healthy skin gives the face a serene appearance and a charm that draws others’ attention.
People need other attention to be heard, apart from getting admiration for their looks. But not everybody has flawless skin.
Though some are blessed with clear facial skin naturally and manage to maintain clear skin against psoriasis and other skin ailments that way, many people often fail to take care of their skin.
As a result, the skin simply starts losing its baby skin qualities, and more so as we age.
It is only when others remark that they start pondering solutions and remedies for how to get clear skin fast.
Unfortunately, there are no overnight remedies, natural or artificial, that can give a smooth skin.
If anyone tells you they know a way you can get clear skin overnight, they are not being honest.
The procedures that give “fastest” results may also take a week or fortnight, depending on the kind of damage, and extent of the damage.
Here are the types of skin damage that steal the skin of its smooth appearance
- Wrinkles and age spots
Skin’s pores get blocked with sebum and dirt. When the pores get blocked, chances of bacteria causing acne finding the right environment increase.
That results in more permanent damage. Pollution and dead cells also block the skin.
Check an earlier post on acne here where everything is explained in detail on what causes acne.
- Wash the face at least twice in a day, though not more than four times. Use mild soaps for the wash. Follow up with a moisturizer. Use non-comedogenic soaps and moisturizers
- Use cleanser before going to bed. Be sure it is the right one for your skin type. There are separate cleansers for oily skin, dry skin, for a combination of oily and dry skin, and for a combination of normal, oily, and dry skin.
- Do not run hands and fingers more often on the face, as there can be bacteria as well as dirt that can travel along.
- Do not try to open up the pimples or acne. This leads to the liberation of the microbes and spreading of acne.
- There are acne creams, containing ingredients such as salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and alpha hydroxy acids such as glycolic or lactic acids. Salicylic acid clears the pores, while other ingredients remove dead cells on the skin. Natural alternatives are “tea tree oil”, green tea extract, and Azelaic acid.
- Seek the help of a dermatologist for suggestions of creams or other oral alternatives. Creams containing antibiotics and retinoids are prescription creams for acne. In addition, there are oral drugs which address any hormonal problems.
- Once in a week opt for exfoliation. There are both chemicals as well as physical exfoliation methods. Much depends upon the nature of the skin and what it can withstand. Moisturizer is again mandatory after exfoliation. The best thing I always suggest is microdermabrasion, check this post on microdermabrasion for acne scars.
- Always opt for non-comedogenic products as they don’t clog pores.
- In worst cases, laser surgeries may become necessary.
How Fast Can The Result Be Noticed?
It takes about a week or fortnight to notice changes and maybe longer positive results. (This always depends on the damage to your skin)
Wrinkles And Age Spots
Sun is perhaps the major enemy of the skin, though human we as beings do need vitamin D that it offers.
It dismantles the cellular organization in the tissues by breaking down the framework that collagen provides, resulting in wrinkles.
It also robs moisture from the skin, making the skin age faster. Age spots are also believed to be because of it.
- Sunscreens are available, which block the ultraviolet rays from the sun. But the effect of these creams does not last long. Therefore, they need to be reapplied after every three hours or so.
- Creams with hydroquinone and some of the retinoids are for age spots.
- Bleaching agents are available for bleaching the age spots.
How Fast Can The Result Be Noticed?
This is an indefinite procedure and needs to be followed for a very long time, wrinkles once they start appearing.
You can only slow them down or make them look less visible but no one escapes wrinkles.
The best way to deal with them is to follow healthy skincare tips like eating healthy and choosing the best anti-wrinkle creams you can afford.
Some of the peels and beauty creams do make skin feel young and supple, because of the moisturizers and ingredients in them.
The results from such peels, though quick, are temporary.
For more lasting effects, the type of skin damage and the corresponding remedy must be sought. Most of the remedies need to be religiously followed until desired results are visible.
Results from such remedies take about 10 to 15 days to appear.
Having said that, once you find what works best for you on how to get clear smooth skin, do not think that once your skin is smooth and clear you can relax, keep eating healthy and practice a healthy lifestyle.
Have any questions? leave me a message below and I will get back to you.