Skin scrubber, it may not sound like some device you`ll use on your feet to scrub callouses and dead skin, but facial skin scrubbers do not hurt in any way or scrub your skin raw.
A skin scrubber uses ultrasonic vibrations to exfoliate and deep clean your skin, making your skin better absorb products like moisturizers and serums.
This brings us to my top rated skin scrubber, eDiva’s RIINO.
The first thing that strikes about eDiva’s RIINO “skin scrubber facial kit” is that it is eye-catching.
The device looks sophisticated because it is an electronic device, designed for scrubbing, scraping, and peeling the skin gently. Effectively, the device is for exfoliation as well as resurfacing of the skin.
Because of these capabilities, the device can reduce pimples, pimple scars, wrinkles, blackheads, etc. Besides, it helps remove excess oil on the skin, as well as debris and dead cells on the skin.
It is ideal for cleaning deep pores. But RIINo is more than that. It is a comprehensive facial set, which includes a system for massaging, lifting, cleansing, exfoliating, etc.
The device has 3 buttons, i.e.,
- 1st one is for lifting the skin,
- 2nd one is for moisturizing,
- and the third one is for cleansing.
While there is only one switch or power key to control it, the number of times the buttons are pressed for going into those modes differs.
For lifting the skin, a user has to press this mode key thrice, for moisturizing, the user needs to press it twice, and for cleansing, the user needs to press the mode once.
Therefore, this device can also be used to remove makeup and other stains or coloring on the skin.
The skin cleaning head comes with a spatula-like structure. This cosmetic slice is highly durable and does not have to be changed for different functions.
It also glides easily upwards or sideways as needed, unlike other devices that drag on to your skin.
It is this gliding slice that cleans up clogged pores enabling the skin to absorb moisturizers, which along with massaging firms the skin and lifts it.
One special feature in this device is the “ion-conducting” strip. This strip is responsible for metabolizing the skin cells or waking them up. Because it uses ions for the purpose, it also serves as a detoxifier.
The advantage is all this is done with an electronically monitored system which does not take much time. The timer in the device stops the operation in 10 minutes, which is sufficient for completing the functions.
It comes with a blackhead remover, more specifically, blackhead removing the cream.
Apart from these benefits, this device also results in improved absorption of other skincare ingredients, skin pores tightening, and glow in skin because of better circulation and breathing.
It is easy to charge, and can even be charged on hubs and computersbecause it comes with a jack for it and a cable too.
The device, however,uses the current of 28000HZ frequency when it is moisturizing the skin.
- It’s a portable facial unit, which can be carried easily and charged easily.
- It is easy to operate since the display unit indicates the mode, and the power switch serves as a mode changing switch as well.
- The device is an almost comprehensive facial kit, which includes functions such as cleansing, exfoliation, resurfacing, skin massaging, lightening of the skin, etc.
- It is an extremely affordable unit.
- It has a durable head.
- It scrubs and peels gently.
- While it is durable, it is still vulnerable to damage on falling when it slips from hand or exposed to heat or dropped in water.
- It is also not advisable to use it when the skin is wet, though it does give better results after a shower as pores are open at such time. Ideally, the user needs to be dry even after a shower.
- It is not good for sensitive areas of the face such as the skin near eyes and lips.
- Its inbuilt rechargeable battery cannot be replaced.
Who It Is For
This device is almost for everybody, since most features are based on electrical and mechanical functions, unlike other devices that use chemicals for facials.
Only the blackhead remover “cream” has some chemicals in it. The manufacturers, however, suggest that people with sensitive skin should not be using it more than twice each week.
While those with oily skin are welcome to use it even thrice per week.
We did talk about another skin scrubber in an earlier post and you might check it here if you missed it.
Do they compare?
Both offer deep cleaning, oil removal and skin exfoliation, I think it just depends on your budget although I must admit both these products are quite affordable for what they offer.
Salient features of eDiva’s RIINo Skin scrubber facial kit
- The device is easy to charge, as it comes with jack and cord that can be used on hubs and computers apart from the regular connection.
- It comes with the ion-conducting part for detoxification and triggering the metabolism of skin cells.
- There is a mode panel a power switch which also doubles as a mode switch.
- It includes a unique head that can move sideways as well as vertically covering a wider area.
Now prices do vary and it will be unfair to quote any price, but you can check from online stores like Amazon to get the product or to find similar products.
This device is worth purchasing because it is a multi-functional unit. Most of the time people feel too lazy for removing makeup. This device can reduce that effort.
Likewise, it makes all the products for skincare more effective by ensuring that they penetrate deeper rather than remain on the surface.
Detoxification because of the ion-conducting unit, is another desirable feature. Other advantages that cannot be overlooked are portability and affordability.
Did you find this review helpful? Leave us a comment below and share what you found helpful. Feel free to share on Facebook or Twitter by using the share buttons.