The fountain of youth! Don’t we all have that deep desire to stay looking young? Isn’t that what we all dream of? We all want to fill in those fine lines, fix that saggy skin below our chin, get rid of those dark black circles under our eyes and even out our blotchy skin tone. We all want to be forever young!
Is that possible though? I think that we all know that we can’t. We know that we will all get older eventually, yet, we tend to continue our search for the best anti-aging skin care products.
Botox and collagen injections are not really safe and are temporary just like everything else out there. However, there are certain treatments and natural remedies that we can use that will help slow down the aging process all the while improving the appearance of the skin.
Today, there are so many options out there, so many creams and serums are competing against each other and all the brands say that they are better than the other. They all claim that they have found the recipe for eternal youth but most of them are very costly.
We have done some research and have found the top 5 most popular natural anti-aging skin care products. You can actually make them at home!
You will be surprised as to what you can find in your refrigerator and in your cupboards. You can use foods like nuts, fresh berries and dairy products that are all rich in antioxidants and acids. All of these are really easy to make. Please be reminded that they should be refrigerated and disposed of after one week.
Women from all over the world have their grandmother’s best-kept secrets to looking younger. We were able to find 5 of them.
- We have heard that antioxidants are amazing for slowing down the aging process. Read more on antioxidants here.Well, with that in mind, white and green tea are known to be very high in antioxidants. In China, they mix the green tea powder into the brewed white tea in order to get a facial mask. Apparently, it really works and is known to plump the skin.
- In India, women mix freshly shredded ginger with hot water and honey. Honey is known to have antibacterial benefits that help reduce inflamed skin and ginger is filled with antioxidants. Drinking one cup of this per day is great to help rebuild collagen in the skin.Check my earlier post on more at home skin care here.
- Even though our face defines our age, the hands tell the truth. This is why we should never forget to treat them as well. In Mexico, women combine lemon juice and sugar to form a scrub for the hands. Using this mixture on a daily basis will definitely prevent the skin on your hands from thinning. They say that exfoliating the skin is better as the products penetrate better in the skin.
- In Polynesia, the women drink Noni juice. The fruit grows there. They say that it has a great moisturizing effect and that it diminishes the appearance of fine lines.
- French women love grape seed extract as it has been admitted to preserve the collagen and the elastin in the skin. Although it is unlikely that you have grape seed oil in your cupboard, it is available in all natural product stores.
This may be odd, but it’s true. We were able to find some tips from a Plastic Surgeon, Andrew Ordon, in regards to natural ways of obtaining younger looking skin. In his new book, Better in 7: the ultimate 7-day guide to a better you, he gives us advice on natural ways to skin care.Click here to get the book from Amazon.
How To Use These Best Anti-Aging Skin Care Products
Here are 5 of them.
1-It is extremely important that we moisturize our skin. It acts as a temporary filler for fine lines. A recipe for an avocado/honey moisturizer. He (Dr Ordon)says that his patients love it as it makes their skin feel softer and looking younger.
-3 tbsp. of fresh cream
-1 tbsp. of honey
Put everything into a blender until a cream is formed. Apply to the face and let it sink in for an hour. Then, rinse it off with warm water. It’s that simple.
2-Antioxidants are a big winner. He suggests a wrinkle fighting salad.
-1/2 cup of fresh strawberries
-1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
-1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
-1 peeled and chopped kiwi
-1/2 cup of organic orange juice
-and about 1 handful of chopped walnuts
Combine everything together in a bowl and simply enjoy it as your breakfast as many times per week as you desire.
3-Circulation of the skin is crucial for avoiding dark spots. Here, he suggests a basil toner.
-3 tbsp of dried and crushed basil leaves
-1 cup of boiling water
Mix the two together. Let it cool and put it into a spray bottle. Put a small amount onto a cotton ball and use it as a toner on a daily basis prior to cleaning your skin.
4-In a previous article, we gave you tips on how to prevent dark spots.You can click the link to read if you missed it. Here, we are happy to give you Dr. Ordon’s way of exfoliating your hands. He calls it the lemon-agave spot fighter.
-1/1 cup of cooked rice
-1 tbsp. of agave nectar
-1 tbsp. of lemon juice
Put all of the ingredients into a blender until it’s like a paste. Apply it to your hand scrubbing lighting both on the front and the back of your hands. Rinse with cold water.
The rice serves as an exfoliate and the agave is there to hydrate your skin. The lemon lightens the skin. All of them combined, he claims, gives spectacular results.
5-We have spoken about exfoliating the hands in this article but have yet to mention anything about exfoliating the face. This too is extremely important in order to get rid of dead skin cells.
-3 tbsp. of fresh cream
-1 cup of white sugar
-1/2 cup of brown sugar
-1/2 cup of ground almonds
-2 tbsp. of olive oil
Put all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix them well. Apply the mixture to your face in a circular motion for about 1 minute. Rinse off with warm water then follow with cold water.
But, if you don`t feel like messing around with sugar and cream but still want to top anti aging skin care products to exfoliate your face, at home microdermabrasion kits works so well and is safe to use and wallet friendly, check my earlier post on microdermabrasion here is you missed it.
To top everything off, always remember to use the best anti aging moisturizer you can afford. I say the best you can afford because I do believe you don’t have to break the bank to find the best anti-aging creams out there, if you shop around, there is always something quite affordable.You can check my earlier post on affordable skin care here.
We can continue on and on with more amazing natural recipes, however, we believe that in this article, you have the best of the best.
If you have any questions, please do leave me a message below, I`d like to hear how you choose your skin care products, splash out or save and use what you already have at home? let me know