: Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash
Overall Ranking: 4.0 out of 5
Price: Approximately $22 for 8 Fl. Oz.
Are you tired of trying to remove acne once and for all and nothing works? You are not alone many people struggle with acne. Maybe your diet, or your skincare is not right or you just can’t figure it out? Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash may be what you`ve been looking for all along.
Humane Benzoyl Peroxide face wash is a cleanser, which does not foam. It is for the face as well as the body. Benzoyl Peroxide is the main ingredient in this product. The product is manufactured in the US, in a facility that complies with the US FDA/cGMP requirements.
Therefore, every batch is tested for concentration levels, quality as well as ingredients purity. The product does not have anything obtained from animals, nor has it ever been tested on animals during research and development processes.
Though a cosmetic with some chemical ingredients, Humane benzoyl peroxide face wash does not have any of the blacklisted chemicals such as paraffin, parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, mineral oil, sulfates, DEA, GMOs, etc. It also does not have any synthetic fragrances.
The product has also been tested by an independent dermatologist laboratory for safety and declared to be safe as per RIPT standards.
Even so, manufacturers make no claims that this product is good enough for all types of skins. Check this earlier post on other recommended acne skincare products.
The main ingredient in Humane benzoyl peroxide face wash is benzoyl peroxide. This compound is anti-inflammatory with the ability to kill the bacteria that cause acne on the skin, i.e., P.acnes bacteria. The compound also removes any clogging material at the pores.
Consequently, skin problems such as whiteheads, blackheads, cysts, and pimples are reduced because of it.
Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash Ingredients
Sodium hydroxide also known as lye: This is an alkaline compound, used for maintaining pH. It also serves as a cleansing agent. Apart from that, it serves as a denaturing agent so it reduces the harshness of other chemicals. Carbomer: This serves as an agent to give the product its consistency.
Gluconolactone: This is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), more precisely polyhydroxy acid. AHAs, in general, reduce the size of pores on the skin, thereby reducing the probability of debris or bacteria entering them. They also increase the cell turnover because of which scars, especially those of acne, disappear. Unlike most AHAs, gluconolactone is gentler.
- Sodium Benzoate: This is a preservative and anti-corrosion agent.
- Deionized Water: This is just the solvent for other chemicals.
Cocamidopropyl Betaine: This compound helps in thickening of the face wash apart from foaming. the product also serves as a cleansing agent. It is a surfactant, which allows the product to spread more easily. It also serves as a mild moisturizer.
This face wash does not require a prescription. It’s National Drug Code is 73010-900-00.
But it does have a set of adverse reactions and side effects which wane in normal skins. There are a fair amount of warnings such as this is not for sensitive skins, and it should be kept away from children, and eyes.
Check here if you want to know more about homemade acne mask?
It may lead to the increased manifestation of acne and other skin problems, before they subside, and that there can be issues with photosensitivity when this product is applied. The skin may also be irritated and redden.
Benefits Of Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash
- This product can clear many of the age-related blemishes such as blackheads, scars, whiteheads, cysts, etc.
- Can be used on face as well as body
- It is affordable
- Has nothing that has been obtained from animals nor has it been tested on any animals.
- It is produced in a laboratory that complies with all FDA requirements, such as those relating to purity of various ingredients in it, quality, and concentrations
- Has been certified by a dermatologist laboratory to be safe as per RIPT standards.
- It does not have any known to be harmful or carcinogenic chemicals such as paraffin, parabens, formaldehyde, phthalates, propylene glycol, triclosan, mineral oil, sulfates, DEA, and GMOs.
Like all products out there, this product also has its weakness, things that could be improved or things you`re to be aware of before using so below I will list things you`re to be aware of before you use this product.
- It does cause skin irritation and redness in others too. In fact, it may lead to an increase in acne before the skin condition starts improving and desired results are visible.
- The main compound in this face wash, i.e., Benzoyl Peroxide tends to bleach even the towels or other cloth that may be used to dab the face after washing off the product.
- Care needs to be taken while using this product, especially near eyes, as the chemicals in this are harsh.
- The product is not for people with sensitive skin, as it is a tad harsh.
The product is suitable for those persons who have a medium level of acne scars. However, people with sensitive skin have been warned not to use this product. Did I mention there is also benzoyl peroxide body wash if you happen to have acne on your back?
Even others are advised to try it slowly to confirm whether their skin can withstand the corrosive nature of the chemicals in this product.
Salient features of this product are
- It has compounds that kill acne-causing bacteria.
- It has compounds that reduce the size of pores thereby preventing dirt and grime entering, and creating a culture for bacteria to survive.
- Removes blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, etc.which make the skin look ugly and aged.
- Serves to rejuvenate the skin a little which reduces the aged appearance.
How Much Does Humane Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash Cost?
As of date, an 8 oz bottle will cost around $22.
Where To Buy
You can get this product at your local store or online, for online shopping, my top choices are
The product mentions that possible adverse reaction and side effects from it. Also, it warns people on how to use it the first time to confirm whether their skin can withstand the harshness of the chemicals in it.
People with sensitive skin are warned not to use this product. Therefore, others facing acne problems, and blackhead problems, can try the product. It does have a decent outcome.
Did you find this review helpful? Leave us a comment below and share what you found helpful. Feel free to share on Facebook or Twitter by using the share buttons.