We probably have all experienced that day when we wake up after a night of poor or little sleep, look in the mirror and see those dreaded bags under our eyes.
You immediately go to your computer and type in google “ how to get rid of bags under eyes”. Thankfully, there are ways to minimize these awful looking facial products of a poor night’s sleep.
Before I discuss some things you can do to get rid of them, I also want to mention that a poor night’s sleep isn’t the only reason we get under eye bags.
As we age, gravity affects our skin, causing it to droop and sag. Bags under our eyes are an inevitable sign of aging. I know, not fair.
How To Get Rid Of Bags Under Eyes Fast
There are many ways to reduce the looks of bags under your eyes, so let’s look at a few of these that are simple and easy to do.
Drink Plenty of Water
Many times under-eye bags are caused by our bodies retaining water. This is due to a salt concentration in that area that is high.
You may have had a dinner that was salty, or maybe you were crying. Either way, salt draws water to your face, causing it to accumulate under the eye.
To help with flushing the excess salt from our bodies, you should drink water and be sure to avoid any salty food for the remainder of the day.
Also, it’s a good thing to avoid consumption of alcohol and coffee as they tend to cause us to become dehydrated.
Use A Concealer
For a short-term solution, a concealer used under the eye is usually the most effective and quickest solution. Using the right makeup will reduce the look of bags and keep your face fresh looking all day. To maximize the covering effect apply your concealer in this way:
- First, choose a concealer that will match your skin tone. You will want to pick one that is a shade lighter for bags that are dark.
- Apply with a finger or cotton swab. Be sure you are dabbing gently and don’t rub the concealer into the skin.
- After you have the concealer on, use a brush with powder. This will help set the concealer and allow it to stay all day. You will want to use a matte powder, that is one without a shimmer. Use a blush brush, and apply a small amount of the powder under your eyes.
Use Something Cool
Using something that is cool, will help to soothe your eyes. We all have heard of the cucumber trick.
This is one of the first things many people think of when they are looking for how to get rid of bags under eyes.
It’s actually the coolness of the cucumber that soothes the area around the eye. What’s wonderful about using cucumbers, is that they are the perfect size, shape, and texture to apply on bags under the eye.
- Slice a cucumber up and place in the refrigerator before you apply to your eyes. This way they will be nice and chilled and be more effective!
Use Tea Bags
I love using teabags for under-eye bags. The chemicals in teas called tannins help to reduce the bags. Here’s how to go about using tea bags for the bags under your eyes.
- 1.Dunk the tea bags into hot water.
- 2. Steep it a bit by dunking it up and down until it is saturated.
- 3.Remove the tea bags and place in the refrigerator.
- 4. Get comfortable, preferably lying down. Place the soaked tea bags on each eye.
- 5. Remove the teabags after about 15 minutes.
If you prefer to remove under eye bags fast, then shop bought products are a way to go, these will give almost immediate results unlike the above mentioned.Amaro organics eye cream removes darkcircless and reduce pufiness almost immediately.
There you have it, four easy ways to reduce the bags under your eyes. Each of these doesn’t take too much time, money, or effort and will give you some great results.
The next time a friend asks you how to get rid of bags under eyes, you will be ready, well versed on the topic, and able to give your friend some much-appreciated solutions.